Thursday 25 July 2013

Oil of Oregano's benifits


Oregano is good in our food but what do people use Oil of Oregano for?

To my surprise there are lots of reasons to use it. Here are some.

-Cough
-Congestion 
-Runny nose
-Sinus pain
-Allergies 
-Acne
-Canker Sores
-Tooth abscess
-Warts
-Foot fungus
-Antiseptic

That's just to name a few.  

For those of you who have never tried oil of oregano and have no idea what it tastes like.  Expect it to taste like oregano on steroids.  It will punch you right in the tongue!  Have something ready to wash it down.  It helps, but you'll have an after taste for a while.

What have i used it for?  I caught an awful cold and didn't want to take cough medicine.  I needed to be alert and on my feet because unfortunately life goes on no matter what.  I put 1 drop on the back of my tongue and within seconds my cough was much better.  Anytime my cough came back I took another drop.  It tingles and burns slightly for a few seconds.  I didn't mind tho,  it wasn't as bad as some cough medicine I've used before, plus halfway through my cold i couldn't smell, hear or taste anything so i didn't mind ingesting it, not that hearing has anything to do with taste.  I made sure to take another drop right before bed, nighttime coughing is the worst!  It helped me fall asleep.  

My runny stuffy nose.  I thought, it worked really well on my sore throat, I'm going to put it up my nose.  DO NOT just put it up your nose full strength,  it hurts.  I made that mistake, I will tell you, it works really well at clearing the sinuses.  Still, never again.  What I did instead is put a tiny little bit just under my nose.  When I say tiny I meant less than a drop.  What I would like to try in the future is emptying a nasal spray container, cleaning it and filling it with water and a few drops of oregano.  It should be diluted enough that it won't cause pain.  Ive used this same technique to fight my allergies.  My allergies are usually dust and dander related so I sneeze like mad, but when I put Oregano under my nose it stopped my sneezing for a short while.

My burning lungs.  When I was trying to cut down on my smoking, my lungs would burn and I felt like I couldn't breath.  I filled the sink up with boiling hot water, added a few drops of Oregano and draped a towel over my head to trap the steam.  I sat there for about 15 minutes breathing deeply.  I felt much better after, I could breath and the burning was gone.  I had to do this a handful of times, it's not a permanent fix, but it did stop me from thinking I was going to die.

I will continue to use Oil of Oregano for my future colds, allergies and anything else I think I could use it for.  I'm pleased to have found an alternative that actually works!