Friday 5 July 2013

The shopping sacrifice to be a stay at home mom.




 I feel very lucky that I'm able to be a stay at home mom with my little baba ganoush.  I would like to note that I'm in no way against daycare!  I love spending everyday with my little weirdo (she 2) who likes to get stuck in various places a couple times a day, loves washing her hands and brushing her teeth, only likes to eat yogurt getting her to eat anything else is like pulling teeth.  I’m not saying that I pull her teeth to get her to eat other things that would also be a tough task.  I also don’t think she would cooperate very well.  I’m joking of course, geez.

Large sacrifices have been made between my boyfriend and I just to ensure my burning desire of raising my child myself.  Sacrifices such as not going shopping or going to the movies as much as a normal girl would love too, I can hear my shoe collection crying in the closet out of boredom and loneliness due to a lack of use and lack of new shoe buddies.  I'm not also speaking on my boyfriends behalf, that's laughable to anyone who knew what kind of a woodsman he is.  When I make him go shopping with me, he makes this face:

Then if I ask him if he likes this shirt or whatevs, he makes this face:

But then we go to basspro and check out all the quads and guns and boats and things:

But then we have to leave without a new quad, and that is pats sacrifice to our little darling until she goes to school full time, which is a few years away yet.  One thing to remember is, its not forever.  It is very hard at times and very stressful, but to us it is very worth it.

That’s just one sacrifice and I’m sure one day I will be able to shop until my hearts content but for now, I will continue to hand wash shoelaces and take care of the things I have just to make sure they last as long as possible.  To be honest, sacrificing is quite the pain in the ass but I don’t really have the time to dwell on what I don’t have and what I think everyone else has because I’m too busy reading stories on the couch, cleaning a mess that I choose not to avoid because I want to teach some hand eye coordination, getting something clean to wear again, kissing boo-boo’s and when daddy gets home from work, has had supper and a shower we all go for a walk or go to the park to burn off that last bit of energy and its brush your teeth, slam on those p.j’s, read this book and say I love you sweet dreams 10 times, snuggle the crap out of her until she falls asleep in my super safe arms.

For my darling Claire, I know that I can speak for her when I say that she thoroughly loves spending most of her time with me, learning from me, playing with me, pretending to read to me, and my favorite the cuddles!